Tuesday, April 28, 2009

South Cebu Photo Safari

Last weekend PCC (Photographer's Club of Cebu) went on a photo safari to the south of Cebu. We made a number of stops in a number of towns and filled our memory cards with great images, at least that was the intent.

"Seeing Double"

"Mirror On The Pavement"

Our first stop was the San Fernando Church. While everyone was busy taking photos of the models we invited for the trip, I looked around a searched for interesting perspective of the church. It rained that morning, it was a blessing that there were puddles on the pavement. I took a number of exposures and found 2 of them that had potential. I converted them into HDR images. I think the result are fantastic. But that's just me praising my own work. Hehe!

"Carcar Rotunda"

We then went to Carcar. While the other members went to the town's old church, I overshot driving and ended up in the rotunda. I took a number of shots while trying to find out where the other members were. The ground was starting to dry but I was able to capture another puddle shot.


"Colour Puzzle"

"Mirror Silhouette"

We finally caught up with the rest of the group. There was a museum next to the Carcar church and I noticed the stained glass on its doors and window. I took at least 5 shots to see what speed worked well. I wanted to highlight the colors and keep most of the walls and floor dark. It was almost noon then so I had to set the speed to 1600 to get the desired effect.

We also went inside the church. It was good that the models were there so we made them stand next to the window on the stairs to belfry and do some poses. I think the silhoutte of the model and the railing gives the color texture.

It was a great shoot. In the upcoming posts I will feature the models in their summer best. Get your cool beverage ready, coz the next entry will be hot!

1 comment:

Kcalpesh said...

Fantastic Reflection and Silhouette

 
ss_blog_claim=8141946163c2eb4dfda13bdc7569f3f6 ss_blog_claim=8141946163c2eb4dfda13bdc7569f3f6